Monday, June 25, 2007

On a ROLL!

Watch out UFO's because I am on the warpath!

I completed the "Princess of the Wild Things" last night. Hub wanted to demonstrate to you that this thing was as long as his arms. He, much like myself, has little to no faith in the felting process. I knit and I knit... and I think... this could be crap. I'm not charmed by the "magic". I fear it. If it's crap, it's wasted yarn. There's no ripping. This disturbs me.


However, despite our dire hopes, this one came out a winner! The Princess in question could not be bothered for a public appearance. There was applesauce to eat.


Pattern: King of the Wild Things from Little Turtle Knits
Yarn: Cascade 220

So, my question is... for all you experienced professional felters... how to make it nice and smooth? I tugged and tugged... even got out the iron (which is really something - I never iron!) but it didn't seem to help. Maybe now that it's dry I should try the iron again? Help, help, help!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

OMG! That's awesome. There's someone at my house that would love that for her birthday! I'm making a dress-up box for her and this would be perfect:)

Sarah said...

So adorable!

I'm not sure if it would work, but you could try wetting it again (cold water, so it doesn't felt anymore) and letting it dry on some kind of mold to hold the shape. I've only made a couple of felted bags, and the one that actually had a shape to it I stuffed full of plastic grocery store bags while it dried.