Thursday, June 14, 2007

Goals


We are now just ONE week away from the Summer of Socks KAL. I, in usual form, have three socks in progress. None of which are for myself, again, usual form.

SO. I have decided that the SOS KAL will be ALL SOCKS FOR ME! That's right. It's the summer of knitting for self! I have four yarns plucked from my stash that I have decided to knit up for the KAL. If I get further, than I'll do more, but I'm trying to be slightly realistic.

I am also going to work on Something Brown this summer.

But before I can start all that I need to get a few things done.

1. Complete second Roza sock - which will complete a pair. Whew.

2. Complete Peter's Sock. This is only the first of a pair, but this is a super fuzzy warm yarn not suitable for summer wear, so I've got time to make it's mate.

3. Vintage and Modern sock will wait until fall to be worked on. Hub's getting all the socks and my feet are jealous.

4. Must complete 3 pair of shorts, 1 for Miss E and 2 for a friends boys. THEN I can start Something Brown.

This will certainly not all go as I'd like, but it's what I'm aiming for. I'd love to have all the other knitting done by next week, but that is NOT going to happen unless I grow a second pair of hands and someone else cares for my family.

I got a bit of knitting done yesterday. I had an afternoon doctors appointment (just 2 blocks from LYS) so after that I explored another LYS (not as good as mine) got an iced latte and headed for LYS. I puttered about for an hour and then everyone arrived for knit night. So between waiting rooms and knit night Roza got a couple of inches. It was good to be away from home for six hours in a row. Time for my mind to get a break from my usual.

SO, I'm off to work on some socks, and shorts so I can enjoy a summer of knitting for ME!

No comments: