Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cherry Blossoms


I completed Miss E's newest "shorts". They're not very short. Babies inseams for shorts is like 1 inch! These are just below her knees, so perhaps, clamdiggers. I was going to make them a crop pant/capri length, but watching the weather... it looks like that would be too warm, so I stopped where I was. I tried some ruffles. They turned out pretty cute. These pictures are pre-blocking, so they should settle down a bit.

Miss Tanya, she's not just a sock star, but a rock star I tell ya! She sent me a new method for a drawstring. A twisted cord. It took me 5 minutes! SOOOO much better than spending an entire evening making an I-cord.

Here's my cute little model. She had to go to bed so I tried them on her before they were quite finished.



Yarn: Cherry Blossom on Peace Fleece from Radiant Twist
The trim is some sort of merino/alpaca blend. It was lovely.

Needles: Addi Turbo's sizes 4,7,8

Pattern: My own

Ruffles: Sarah aka EasterBunz Ribbed Ruffle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! love the ruffle.

Sarah said...

Adorable! The ruffle at the bottom definitely ups the cute factor.

To answer your question, my feet are 9.75" long, but I usually knit my socks 9.5" long because I don't like a lot of extra fabric in the toe area.