Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Undulating Rib Socks


Pattern: Undulating Ribs from Favorite Socks
Yarn: KnitPicks Bare - KA dyed by me

I finished them last night which means I started and completed two pair of socks in July. Plus a partial! Not to mention all the sewing I managed to wedge in on top of this. Sometimes in my day to day chasing the kids I feel like nothing ever gets accomplished. I think that's why I love the knitting. I can look back and say - see - I DID something.

The toe is so funky I had to revisit this image for you.


And the tree shot.


Summer of Socks Totals
Pairs of Socks Complete: 2
Individual Socks Complete: 4
Socks on the Needles: 1

That's all in one month thank you! I have been sticking to a 6" long leg plus cuff for fear of running out of yarn. On this one I could have gone longer. I have quite a bit leftover. That's a happy surprise... you know... with my giant feet and all...

Did you score at the sneak up? I did. I have Yarn Love. Yum. While I am finding that I really do like shaded solids best for most patterned socks, I have a soft spot for Yarn Love. I started buying from Katie when she was dying under the brand Bungalow Buns. She still very occasionally stocks under that name, but she's moved on to Yarn Love fame these days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! They look great!

Milli said...

They're gorgeous!

Meghann said...

They are gorgeous! I love them! I scored yesterday, two skeins of Knittery merino. Can't wait to get them!

Spiffy Knits! said...

Beautiful! love the pattern!

Quail Hill Knits said...

Congratulations on a great looking pair of FOs!

Sarah said...

Love them! One of my SnB friends was flipping through "Favorite Socks" last night, and I was telling her how great your Undulating Ribs looked in a variegated colorway.

The toe looks really interesting, but how does it feel when you wear it?

Anonymous said...

Great job! The toe is funky and cool!

Anonymous said...

The socks look great.

I have Glamour from Yarn Love coming. I didn't get to the sneak up and then put Belle in my cart but didn't get checked out right away. On your recommendation I'll look for Belle again on future restockings since I have 2 1/2 socks done in a month and probably won't have knit Glamour by then.