Monday, August 20, 2007

The Lotus Socks


Isn't it fun to be surprised? It really put the pressure on me. I didn't want to keep you waiting too long!



Once they got going they really did go quickly. It is a beautiful yarn and was a delight to knit.


This was the first sock I've done where the stitch pattern was carried onto the heel flap.



Pattern: Gentleman's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Premium Merino from Radiant Twist in Lotus Colorway
Needles: 2.25mm - US1
Modifications: I made socks, not "hose". Shortened the cuff and leg and omitted calf shaping. I also used a basic toe whereas the pattern calls for a round toe. However, Nancy Bush gave it the round toe and the vintage pattern had a basic toe like this. So I feel I was true to the "vintage" in the pattern.

Psst... I already ran over and bought more yarn. I could not help myself!

LOVED THIS PROJECT!

I've been loving my time on Ravelry too! I got most of my projects and stash uploaded. This thing was made for people like me who love to catalog everything. I've still got some things to input and then I'm all set up! This is a great site. I think there are some bugs and things that would be nice if added, but I know they have their hands full and are working around the clock to make it an awesome place. If you're still waiting, be patient! It's worth it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love them! The yarn works so well with this pattern -- which, I must admit, I hadn't given a second thought to before, but now I will give it another look.

Meghann said...

Again, they are AWESOME! I love the way they came out and the color, if I do say so myself;) I haven't had a chance to knit that colorway yet!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! They look awesome! I have some Radiant Twist coming my way soon. Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! You should love them! Ravelry is so fun, isn't it?