Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Fun Socks

Millions of Peaches... peaches for me!


Summer Fun Socks from Knitspot
Panda Cotton from the Loopy Ewe in Vanilla Cream

These were a great knit. They worked up pretty fast. (Even for my size 11's!) It took a bit to get used to purling so much since I'm always knitting in the round, but I got the hang of it. The yarn itself is really nice. Splitty as all heck, but you get used to it. It's really got a lot of bounce in it for cotton. Never made my hands hurt. The bamboo is silky soft. The only issue I have with the finished product is...


Do you see how the front of the foot on the first (top sock) is smaller than the second? Yes... our old friend gauge bit me in the you know. Last night I was feeling really tired and just plain "out of it". So I sit and knit... well my friends the lesson is... should you be feeling this way, start yourself a dishcloth. My gauge wasn't itself either. My first clue was the strange pooling... second was this...


The leftovers from each ball are a bit different. I know I used too much when I cast on the second, so there was a bit extra loss there, but not THAT much.

So, yes... should you be feeling not so yourself, knit a dishcloth.

Summer of Socks Totals
Pairs Complete - 1
Socks Complete - 3
Socks on Needles -2

Now I must go madly clean my house before my MIL arrives! ha!

4 comments:

Meghann said...

congrats! They are beautiful! I need to finish my second sock from the panda cotton.

Quail Hill Knits said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. Your socks are lovely. You knit beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! They look great! I might have to get that pattern to rescue my panda cotton. It's having a time out now.

Anonymous said...

I have a recently finished pair of socks where my head was elsewhere for the entire foot of sock#1. Consequently it's a whole size larger than sock #2.

They make good house socks.

The Peaches look lucious.