Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Curious Monkey Returns...


Remember last summer... I thought it would be SO CUTE to make Miss N some Monkey Socks in Curious George colors? Remember how she refused to wear them and freaked out saying they were soooooooooo itchy?! I was sad. But thankfully God gave me two daughters, the youngest of which isn't so picky. On a long shot I tried the single monkey on her and it nearly fit. So I decided to knit the mate. Even though I tried to brush it off, it has long bothered me to have a single sock sitting around.


I've detailed what I did to get this size sock on my Ravelry project page. Here last time I said I don't do that... hmm... guess I do on ocassion. ;) It might also be in my posts from last year on the project. The only problem... after a year, my gauge has changed. The new sock is a tiny bit looser than the original.

Miss E is in love with them. "Monkey socks Mommy, monkey socks!" Ah... such balm to my ears after the reaction of her sister last year. They have lots of growing room left in them so they should last her through the winter. And just so you don't think I have a cooperative 2 year old foot model I give you one of the 'good' bad shots. Her feet are actually in this one. That Lorna's Laces... it can take a beating. lol!


One more little thing. A few evenings ago I opened my knitting cabinet and found this. One of Miss N's flashcards. Apparently she thought it should go here.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

They are adorable! I wouldn't worry too much about them being too big; kids grow out of clothes too quickly anyway.

That is the cutest thing that she put the flashcard with your knitting books! She's a smart one!

Hattie said...

Gosh I love those! I'm gonna have to go see what you did so I can make Alexis some...

Meghann said...

Glad the monkey socks are finally working out for you! Sophia loves her "yarn socks".

Jill L said...

The Monkeys are adorable! How cute she matched her flashcard with your yarn books-- what a smarty!