Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Moms Cabled Mitt's



Miss N wanted to help so she's modeling them here. Cute little chubby fingers!

Pattern: Moms Cabled Mitt's - by me! Size M/L
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8




Pattern: Mom's Cabled Mitt's, size S/M
Yarn: Dream In Color Classy, Some Summer Sky
Notes: The gauge I got with this yarn was a little looser than I like, but it's sooo pretty...

Nope, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I've been busy FINALLY getting this pattern ready for release! I know, June... who wants mittens in June?! BUT, there really is nothing better than knitting small little nothings in the summertime! The pattern is now available in the Itchy Fingers Store on Ravelry! So go, cast on! Have fun!

It took me so long because although I had a WONDERFUL tester (thanks Christy!) I didn't have a tester for the M/L size. So finally I just did it myself. I mean... hello... don't you think I needed a pair anyway?! I did make a few tweaks to the pattern in both sizes so I knit the blue pair up for my aunt who had previously requested some. But would you believe... I still owe a pair to my MIL for her sister?! I'm so bad. For some reason this last pair for my MIL is a hurdle I can't seem to jump. I have yarn. I have patterns. I just need to do it.

But instead I cast on a baby hat last night. I do not know what baby it is for. I just wanted to knit the yarn. So I am. ha! Such reckless behavior isn't it?!

I've also done some frogging. I frogged the Lace Ribbon Scarf. Not because it wasn't turning out lovely, I just decided I wanted to use a different yarn. Same for the Shifty Socks. Although I'm not even sure if I blogged about them yet. So I'm killing time until the start of Summer Of Socks 08 on the 21st by knitting quickies. I'm loving it! Stash busting galore!

I also have some Alaska news for you all. Hub got home last night from his trip up there for an in-person interview. They let him know before he left that they decided to go with the other guy. It's a little disappointing. But at the same time, I'm really at peace with it. We have prayed over the issue extensively as have our friends and many members of our church. We asked for it to be very clear what we are to do with regards to this opportunity. Well, I think it's clear! We weren't sure if the job would pay enough for us to live there anyway. At least with it ending this way we don't have to make that decision or take the risk. SO... we'll keep our eyes and ears open. We're still hoping to move. This just wasn't the right time. Onward...

3 comments:

chrispy said...

I am so glad you know now. We just went through a rough 6 months of uncertainties with my DHs work. He found out yesterday that he had been retained.

God will have the right one out there for you. I knew we were in the right place even if it was a bit nerve wracking to have a possible cut in our future.

Have fun with your potato chip knits till summer of socks arrives.

Miss T said...

baby hat you say? ;P

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I for one am always a believer in things happening for a reason.