Friday, November 02, 2007

What NOT to Wear


Whooo... nope, not another FO. This was ah... tinkering. I finished these socks in July. I wore them out of the house once and was quite sure that the 'What NOT to Wear' people were going to hunt me down and find me. So, seeing as I was not going to insult the dyer (myself) I got more dye and overdyed them in a nice dark purply red. I think the end result came out great! A much more subdued sock that I won't try to hide under the edges of my pants!



There are more FO's around here. I just need to find some buttons and finish up another object to complete a 'set'. Yes, I've been knitting and not blogging it!

In the effort of full disclosure... I started something new. The stash threw this yarn at me. Literally. It burst out of the sock yarn basket. I wound it into a ball forever ago. And most of the yarn is still in hanks. So... it just didn't fit now that the basket is packed... dare I say overflowing? Whoever said sock yarns don't count as stash lied. Because honestly, it's nearly the only stash I have. And it's gotten a little out of control. No more. Really. For a bit. But I need to get to knitting it for sure! It's gotten COLD around here. Yesterday I had to wear (gasp) cotton socks. My feet were FREEZING all day. Four pair of wool socks are NOT going to cut it!

So, a quick pair of socks for myself were thrown onto the needles. I'm really not sure of the weight of this yarn. I'm going to say somewhere between sport and dk. They're knitting up really fast!


Happy Weekending to you!

5 comments:

Miss T said...

Those are so much more you.
Stacey and Clinton would be proud. :D

Danielle said...

Wow. I never would have recognized them as the same socks.

Sarah said...

Wow, that is quite a change. For a minute I thought you'd just knit up another pair of undulating ribs superfast! I think I like this color better -- the other colorway was fun, but like you said, it might've stood out just a tad bit.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed all around, having only made 3 pairs of socks so far (and only one of those was for an adult), and never having dyed my own yarn at all...I like both the original and the new color--although I can see that the original would have been rather, um, eye-catching!

And the new socks you are working on look great too! I own that sock book, although I have yet to try a pattern from it. This has me motivated to try one soon. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That does look very pretty in the darker color.