Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Already?

Time is FLYING. My goodness. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is upon us! I'm having a wee bit of a freak out today. Usually I am done with Christmas shopping by now. I'm one of those annoying types who shops all year... which is great for our budget. This year I dropped the ball. I am SO NOT DONE! And I'm wondering how I'm going to fit it all in the budget along with kids winter coats and that kind of thing.

Well, I suppose that's why it's good to have stash eh? I've been digging in. Soon soon... lots of small quick FO's!

Did I mention my little Miss N had a birthday? Snif Snif... so big... She got Boggle Jr as a gift from Grammy and she's been SPELLING. Time is surely flying.

Speaking of FO's... I almost have one for you. I didn't mention it before. I actually didn't really plan it. I had decided to let go of the idea of knitting a sweater for this baby... but then I just started one a week before he was slated to be removed from the womb. The knitting was done last weekend. I just need to get some pointers on how to seam the raglan sleeves into place. I tried just looking in a book, but I'm still not sure. Tonight is knit night, so I should have this all solved and done sometime this weekend. Which is good... baby boy will be a week old on Friday!


And you know what this means right... now I have the sweater bug. I was scared of them, and honestly still am a bit. It's the seaming... scares the daylights out of me. But I want them... FOR ME! (The 30 degree HIGH temp's this week probably also have something to do with this desire!) I'm not sure where I'm going to start though. I've got several sweaters worth of yarn and several patterns in mind. We'll see what jumps to the front and onto the needles first.

But first... lots of Christmas gifts (more than I planned for) and poor Miss E needs more pants! I told myself I'd do a pair a month and be done by January, but I'm behind. Novembers are still not started! Swatched... but not started.

So off I run... much to do!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've never actually knit a strictly raglan sweater, but I would assume the seams are easy -- just sew them up using mattress stitch as you would side seams.

Happy Thanksgiving! (And sorry if I was the one who gave you the sweater bug!)