Friday, November 09, 2007

Rainbow Sherbet is Irresistible!


This morning as I peeked my head out from under the covers a certain child was standing there having a conversation in which I was not a part of. Something about breakfast... I peered at the clock. 6:30am. The persons who invented daylight savings time did not have small children. Ugh. I stuck my head back under the covers and next thing I knew there was squealing. She'd spied the finished socks in my knitting basket. She wanted to put them on right away. I told her we had to take a few pictures first. So she ran and got her little Disney camera and "took two pictures". (It doesn't even have live batteries in it, but cute none the less.) Then put them on. I managed to pull myself out of bed and we went to take a few pictures before she fuzzed them up or stepped on her snack or something. She was a little wary of being on the dining room table. Ironically, I pull her little sister off the top of the table all the time!


The socks are loved. Whew!


Pattern: Basic sock, 40 stitches
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash, worsted weight - extra from Miss E's blankie that is in progress.
Needle: US size 4 - magic loop one at a time
Notes: Weaving in the ends wasn't bad at all. I really don't mind weaving in ends that much. And I do love stripes, especially ones as cute as these! The cuff is nice and short upon request from Miss N.

I also managed to finally sew some buttons on these Calorimetry's. I knit them up about a month ago and they've been sitting around waiting for buttons. They'll go with the fingerless mitt's I made a while back as gifts. One ball of Artyarns Handpaint Stripes to make a pair of mitt's and headband with some left to spare. I think this is a fantastic gift yarn too. Sooooo soft and superwash so the gifted doesn't have to worry too much about special wash instructions.


Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Artyarns Handpaint Stripes
Needle: US size 5
Notes: I modified the original pattern a bit. I cast on 100 stitches. I don't know how many short rows I did. I just did it until I had a nice center stripe and then turned the other way.


Whew! After all that finishing I wound some new yarn up this morning. The bright one is the Eden I mentioned before. It's for Miss E's next pair of pants. And the other is some sock yarn for Hub. It's Bo Peep's Sock Yarn. I'm still working on his Tofutsies socks. That yarn though... ugh. So thin... they're taking forever! So I thought it only fair to pull something heavier out. I think this is a sport weight. It's 450 yards to 5.4 ounces. I'm not really sure... it says to use needle size 1-2. I'm thinking I can do it on 2's. It feels similar in weight to the sport weight I just used for myself. Although that was only 280 yards per 4 ounces. You never can tell until you swatch it for a little fabric I guess. I'm hoping with that yardage I should be able to get a nice tall cuff for him. With fingering weight I can usually get 6-7 inches, but I think he'd love a pair with a higher cuff.



Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Hattie said...

Ohhh they are cute! You sure knit those up fast. I love the bright yarn in the bottom pic too, super pretty.

Danielle said...

Those socks are so cute! Great job.

Sarah said...

They are adorable! Clearly you have a sock model in the making there!

ceceperez said...

You are the coolest mom ever. I have yet to knit any of my children socks--even though I have yarn specifically for it. You can be my inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

What sweet little socks (and sock model) and great calorimetries!