Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I got distracted...


I was mad at the Cigars. They needed to be frogged again. I'm not sure I can face another go. We'll see. I do have other patterns I want to try...

While I was avoiding that issue... I got distracted... by pretty baby alpaca that needed to be mittens and some soft, lovely red yarn that called to be a Monkey Sock. You know... at first, I thought, everyone is doing it... and went the other way. I'm sort of anti-bandwagon in my nature. I was not going to do it. But, it's undeniable, it's a gorgeous pattern. You can't get away from that fact. And really... how common is a Monkey sock in the spectrum of the whole world. It's highly unlikely I'm going to run into someone wearing handmade socks outside of the yarn store, LET ALONE, Monkey's. Just sayin'. I justified it to my inner rebel in that manner. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill. It's yummy and soft and pretty. Just what I need after the gray socks.

Speaking of distraction... there's a few loads of laundry that need to be folded...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Monkey socks practically knit themselves, so I'm not surprised.

Now, if you happen to be in my neck of the woods, you might see another pair "in the wild."

Hattie said...

Yeah...that is exactly why I didn't want to knit them, but now I know why they are so addicting!

EricaLynn said...

I know what you mean-You'll never see me knit Jaywalkers:) I love the monkey pattern though!
I have a book called 'the yarn girls guide to simple knits' and it has some pretty good instructions on seaming sweaters. I could bring it for you next time we meet if you want, I don't really use the book (the sweaters are mostly ginormous yarns)

Octopus Knits said...

Hee, hee! I figure if I like a pattern, that's all that matters : )
I really don't mind if very few or many others agree.
And I'm quite sure that you won't be running across loads of other Monkeys (unless, of course you are at a big fiber festival or someplace like that), so knit on happily!

I love the yarn you've chosen for the Monkeys, and the alpaca mitts are beautiful, too - great choices!