Thursday, January 03, 2008

WIP's

With finishing the gifts, and the requisite longies for Miss E, I've felt a wee bit of freedom this past few days. I've knit here and there and started something new...

I cranked out the first of this pair. 72 stitches on 2.0mm needle. It's slow. Especially for my big old feet. I just made it with a wee bit of yarn (maybe a thumb sized hunk) leftover after this sock. But I made it and that's all that matters!


My pictures are a little dark, cloudy icky weather... my apologies.

I finished block 8 of this big old looming WIP. The last two blocks are big, and two color. I really like my working yarn 1 ball at a time. This is actually the same size as most baby blankets right now. The final blocks are going to make it big enough to last through many years. This might be finished by her second birthday... I've got 3ish months left.


I started a new sock for Hub. I am LOVING this yarn. It's Hazel Knits Artisan Sock Yarn. This colorway is 'Hometeam Football'. Since Hub and I grew up in Seattle... no matter what, we're fans. I started this during the small bit of the game I got to watch last week. It just flew! The yarn is yummy. It's a nice fat fingering weight. Just yummy. I want some for myself!

And yes, I'll take any excuse to make colorful socks for Hub!


And, my New Years Eve project... I started a scarf for mom to go with her mitt's. The pattern is done in a velvety yarn and I didn't realize that there was so much seed stitch in it. I thought it was just ribbed. I'm mulling over what I think about that. Moms mitt's had no seed stitch... just ribbing. The reversible cable is nice though.


So that's where I'm at... I know... I promised sweaters soon. I am, as usual, distracted by socks. More sock yarn keeps coming to me. I haven't even bought any for myself lately and it's just coming coming! lol! I am gladly knitting it up because after the Holiday crush, my brain needs a rest. Speaking of my brain... I can't think of anything else to say! Terrible. Ah well, I've got some non-knitting explorations in food I have been doing. Will share soon!

3 comments:

Meghann said...

Everything looks great! Love your socks, so yummy looking:)

Danielle said...

Your socks are beautiful! Those colors look lovely in the simple patterns you've chosen

Sarah said...

There is nothing wrong with knitting socks, especially in winter. Your feet do need to be warm!