Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Catch Up


Pattern: Stacked Eyelet Cowl Recipe
Yarn: Dashing Dach's Dach Sox: Sport, Anniversary


Is it possible to keep up with knitting, blogging and life in the summertime? I've got TWO FO's here in this post that I don't know that I've mentioned. I tried this yarn as socks last month, but they wanted to pool horribly. Blotchy, non swirling type. Not ok. When I saw this idea on Ami's blog I decided to give it a try. It worked out beautifully. I have no idea who it's for as it doesn't go with my winter coat, but hey... gifts on hand are always good right?!


Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib, Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Panda Cotton, Caribbean Blue

These were the gift socks I was keeping hushed. MIL was here this weekend for Miss E's dedication at church and she got her very late birthday present. She loved them. They are actually the only pair of socks I've knit this summer that actually qualify for SOS 08. Thus far none of the 5 pair I knit met the requirements. Oh well. My OWN SOS I've knit 6 pair. :)

Now back to that crazy summer...

4 comments:

Meghann said...

I love the cowl! I've been itching to make one:)

Sarah said...

Love the socks! I saw them pop up in your Flickr stream and was wondering if I'd missed them!

Jill L said...

Thats great you found the right project for the pooling sock yarn. It turned out to be a great cowl..Love the socks too!

Laura said...

hi!
lovely socks! i'm drlaura, CPYsockguru and we'd love to post the pic of your socks on our blog CPYsocksandmore
if you will email me permission
proflaura@firststepinternet.com

and of course we will link to your blog!

blessings, :L