Friday, May 09, 2008

WIP Friday Edition

I know, the THING TO DO is the WIP Wednesday. I did take these pictures in time for that, but it just didn't happen. I'd act shocked, however, it's not shocking. I can pretend to be "all together" all I want, but honestly, I'm not. So lets not pretend.

First up... Wicked. It's at the point I can try it on. I did so at about 1am one night... this is not a good gauge of fit. So... I need to try on again in daylight... I'm a little scared it's on the bigish side. And I know that my swatches grew when I blocked them... so... little scared. We shall see.


And I started my next no brainer sock. It's cute and springy don't you think? The colorway is 'Lilac City'. The dyer is a local and our city is "The Lilac City". I should be able to get some sock pictures with the Lilacs when they bloom. Yum. I love Lilac's!


I DO have a picture of one Embossed Leaves sock done, however, now that I'm finally posting... the second only needs a toe so... you'll just have to wait for an FO post on those!

Good non-knitting news... Hub has been interviewing for a job up in Alaska this week and today we found out he's one of two finalists! It was so heartbreaking to leave that we decided we must try to move there. Our kids deserve to have some grandparents around for pete's sake yk?! Not to mention we could use a support system ourselves. I can't even remember the last time Hub and I went out on a date! It's so hard being here all on our own. We decided to try knowing it could take years or might not even happen. After all, it's a town of only 3000 people on an island. But... a great job just happened to be open that fits Hub's skill set and here we are... they're calling references today! My head is spinning. I'm trying not to let my heart get involved, but how could it not?! On one hand, I'm excited... on the other... freaking out! Our lives will totally be turned upside down on a moments notice. So fast... happening so fast... We shall see!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

Meghann said...

Awww, sweetie, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!! I know we've talked about this before, but it will be so great for you guys to move. I'll keep my fingers and toes and eyes crossed for you:)

Jill L said...

I'll be keeping good thoughts for you -- everyone needs family nearby!

Sarah said...

Sending good thoughts your way!