Sunday, May 04, 2008

Hub, the amazing wonder spinner


My "girls" got me a drop spindle for my birthday. It's amazing the shopping they manage to do for being toddlers... ;)

So yesterday at the EW Knits Ravelry meet up Kim showed me how to get started. She's been dying for me to spin. She loves it and is definitely a spinning missionary. Everyone at the meet up said I was off to a fantastic start. They actually made me blush. So I felt pretty good about myself.

Then I came home... with a spindle and some fiber for Hub. He has talked about how he thinks it would be fun to spin ever since I started knitting. I took all my stuff out the the car went to climb in and just couldn't do it. I ran back in and picked up a spindle and some fiber for Hub. The girls were napping when I got home so I got to show him how right away. Here's his first yarn...

Hmm... not feeling quite as good about myself now. lol! I KNEW he'd be meticulous and just perfect. That's just his way. He's really wanted to do this for a while, so we'll see. I think he wants something to do while I sit and knit in the evenings. He says spinning looks very relaxing. I sure wouldn't mind!

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine. It really is spring now!

4 comments:

Hattie said...

Wow they both look great! Way better than my first attempts...but you have better fiber I'm sure than I did. I had no teacher either lol. So excited for you!

Yay for spring! I got to wear a tank top today FINALLY. Gorgeous.

Danielle said...

That sounds like a great racket you've got going -- just buy fiber for hub that you'll want to knit with, once he turns it into yarn!

Sarah said...

I'd say you're both naturals! I don't think it's a bad thing at all that he liked spinning -- just think, if you decide to get a wheel (or just more spindles and fibers), he won't be able to give you a hard time because he can use it, too!

Anonymous said...

How fun for the both of you!