Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Waiting...


Don't you hate waiting... waiting, waiting... that's what I'm doing this week. Waiting to see if there will be a major life change, or if life will go on the same. It's a bit nerve wracking. Good for the knitting though as I can't seem to be still. I also can't seem to have a coherent thought pattern, so simple knitting has been the activity of choice.

Don't pass out or anything, but it's an actual WIP post on Wednesday. Should I be cleaning my house? Yes, but I don't wanna! I've been working this week mostly on my Wicked and the Lilac City socks. Both have a deadline of sorts. The KAL for the sweater is ending June 1 and the Lilacs are starting to bloom here in the Lilac City and I was really hoping to be able to have a flowery photo session with the socks.

As you can see, I finished the body of the sweater and have picked up the sleeves. I decided to do them on magic loop so I didn't have to take notes and repeat myself. The other perk of doing the ML instead of switching to DPN's is that I have no worries about a gauge change. Same needles. I think the longer I knit the more enamored of the magic loop I become.

Yesterday I finished up the first Lilac City sock and got the second off to a good start. The patterning is changing up quite a bit in the second sock so it should be interesting to see how it turns out. I used to think it was my fault when the pattern changed. Now I've come to realize, duh!, that it's in the nature of hand painted yarn. I'm not sure why it took me so long to figure that out. Sometimes I wonder how I function at all...

So, I continue to wait... more knitting will be done. But I really should run the vacuum at least...

2 comments:

Chrispy said...

Dare I ask if you are in Spokane!?!

I ran across your blog from Melissa's sock contest. You are an amazing sock knitter.

I hope your waiting for the news comes sooner than later.

Sarah said...

Both WIPs are looking great!

My fingers are crossed for you -- let us know when you hear something!