Thursday, May 06, 2010

You Spin Me Right Round Baby... Right Round...

Miss E recently had surgery to switch from an exterior port to an interior port. That's the best way I can describe it quickly. The "prize" she chose afterwords was the soundtrack to Alvin and the Chipmunks "The Squeakquel". That song has been running around in my head for two weeks... and coincidentally... I was spinning! I'd like to introduce you to my new friends...

This is Aquatic Dreams dyed (and donated) by Tina of Sugar Bubbie... my first spin with targhee... it won't be my last. She was so well behaved I'd like to have her for tea everyday!


This is Jack... he was dyed by Three Irish Girls on Superfine Merino. He didn't behave quite as well as I'd have liked him to, but he was first on the wheel and it had been a long winter without spinning... so it's not all his fault. He had a rough upbringing. We're just going to call him "rustic".


This here is my shiny friend... Lazy Day. She was dyed by Julie at Selah. She's a lovely 50/50 blend of Superwash Merino and Tencel. She's my first "I'm proud of it soft spun single". She's a little shy for the camera though... always trying to hide in the shadows.


And here is the showoff... Neverland dyed by Lisa at Becoming Art on Superfine Merino. She was a little high maintenance... the skeins didn't turn out very even. I think my stress level showed here with my inconsistency. Therefore, one skein must stay home with me... the "bad" one. Darn!


You know what the best part is? You, yes, YOU could take home any one of my friends for yourself! They are all going up for auction next week! A woman from a group I've been a part of since Miss N was born has fallen on tragic times. She needs our help. You can read part of her story and see the auction items that are being added every moment at Western Sky Knits. These lovely gals are the gracious hostesses for A Whole Latte Love. Previews are going up every day and the auctions go live on May 14th! Don't miss out!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are all some lovely yarns! (I assume, anyway -- the photo of Jack won't load for me for some reason.)