Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Knit Parade

Getting back into the habit of blogging... how about a knit parade? The past couple of months I've had lots of time to knit, but none to block or take pictures. (ie I've been locked in the hospital) Here's a few knits I managed to block and wash this week besides the troublesome sweater. More are awaiting their turn later this week.

Basic Socks - But I dyed the yarn! Thrilled with the outcome!

Helena in Hazel Knits Artisan Lively, Lime Granita

Sweet Mama Small Sugar Seamless Infant Kimono, Sugar Bubbie Gaia Worsted in Bodie

SO... grosgrain ribbon may help my puckering sweater you say? How does that work on the button hole side? Maybe I can find my info if I google...

5 comments:

Hattie said...

Love the knits! Very cute little green sweater.

Walden said...

The infant kimono is adorable! For the ribbon, you would either use a sewing machine to create button holes that match up with the placement of your button holes on the sweater. If you need to do it by hand, you would cut a slit with scissors where the button holes need to be and then hand sew around the slit to reinforce it from tearing more or fraying. If you didn't want to do either one of these, you could cut the slit with scissors and use anti-fray liquid that you can buy at the fabric store, but I am not sure how this would hold up in the long run.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, the sweaters are so adorable! And here I thought I had quelled the urge to knit baby sweaters for a while ...

Meghann said...

Look at you go, lady! Loving seeing you again:) That kimono is ADORABLE!!! You give it to me.....LOL

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful. And so is your daughter. The kimono is just tdf.